- This course has passed.
Climb The Weissmies
September 9, 2018 - September 11, 2018
Whilst, at 4017m the Weissmies only just makes it into the exclusive club of Alpine 4000m peaks, it has many more attributes to recommend an ascent than just its altitude…
The traverse of the Weissmies is a classic high alpine journey, among some of the Giants of the Swiss Alps, and provides an extremely enjoyable long weekend when combined with its neighboring 4000m peak, the Lagginhorn.
This course is suitable for climbers with good fitness and some basic mountaineering experience and is a great progression for higher & more technical alpine ascents.
- Ascents of two fine Swiss alpine 4000m peaks
- Rocky mountain scramble in ascent, glacial traverse in descent topped by a fine snowy & narrow summit ridge
- 2 nights spent in lovely Swiss mountain huts. Superb locations, hospitable staff, good Swiss mountain food
- Quality alpine mountaineering training
- Great progression (and acclimatisation) towards climbing other 4000m peaks including Mont Blanc & the Matterhorn
- Meet other like minded climbers for a sociable weekend in the mountains
- An action packed long alpine weekend easily done from Geneva Airport & transfer to Chamonix
- The option of returning to Chamonix at the end of the course or catching a train direct to Geneva from Martigny station
2 people are attending Climb The Weissmies