Climb Mont Blanc & Weissmies – June 2021
June 23, 2021 - June 29, 2021
An ascent of Western Europe’s highest mountain is a big challenge and superb mountaineering expedition. When combined with an early summer season climb of the Weissmies, 4017m, this provides a great combination of sustained rocky scrambling and superb snow crests. A magnificent and memorable week of high altitude alpine mountaineering.
This 6 day course includes 3 days in the Swiss Alps mountaineering, warming up, climbing the Weissmies & spending 2 nights in the lovely Swiss Mountain Almageller Hut.
This is a physical programme but the rest day before the summit climb hopefully means you are able to actually enjoy a successful ascent of Mont Blanc whilst also making some other fine ascents along the way.
We understand the balance between preparing well and saving enough energy for the long summit day and because of this, and our first class Mountain Guides, we have an excellent summit success record on Mont Blanc. Despite this good record, our courses are not about dragging people to the summit. This course gives a good progression from the intro Alpine Mountaineering & Gran Paradiso programmes and is a great option for folk wanting to climb Mont Blanc who perhaps also have an eye on a future ascent of the Matterhorn.
- Climb Mont Blanc & The Weissmies
- Enjoy 6 good days alpine mountaineering in the Mont Blanc Massif & Eastern Swiss Valais Alps
- Progress your alpine mountaineering skills with sustained rocky scrambling on the Weissmies & Mittelruck (3363m) ascents
- Spend 4 nights in high mountain huts sleeping at between 2700m and 3800m
- Get to know how your body reacts to a high altitude mountain environment, good preparation for other expeditions
- Have an enjoyable & sociable week in the mountains
We hope to climb with you on Mont Blanc this coming 2019 summer season…
Nights Spent In mountain Huts
- 23,24,27,28 June 2020
- Saturday 26th June 2020