Climb Mont Blanc – Late June 2019
June 23 - June 29
An ascent of Western Europe’s highest mountain is a big challenge and superb mountaineering expedition. When combined with an early summer season climb of the Gran Paradiso, at 4061m the highest peak entirely in the Italian Alps, this makes for a magnificent and memorable week of high altitude alpine mountaineering.
By climbing early in the summer season, the lifts are only just opening up and the mountain is generally a lot snowier than later in the summer.
This 6 day course includes 3 days in the Italian Alps mountaineering, warming up, climbing the Gran Paradiso and spending 2 nights in high Italian Rifugio. This allows a good amount of time for mountainereing training and acclimatisation and thus hopefully means you are able to actually enjoy a successful ascent of Mont Blanc whilst also making some other fine ascents and high mountain & glacier journeys along the way.
There is then a rest day (on the 26th June) between the Gran Paradiso and Mont Blanc summit phases.
We understand the balance between preparing well and saving enough energy for the long summit day and because of this, and our first class Mountain Guides, we have an excellent summit success record on Mont Blanc. Despite this good record, our courses are not about dragging people to the summit. We give you a good insight in to general Alpine Mountaineering and have a fun & sociable time along the way.
- Climb Mont Blanc & The Gran Paradiso
- Enjoy 6 good days alpine mountaineering in the Mont Blanc Massif, on both the French & Italian side
- Develop your general mountaineering skills & do some superb high mountain journeys and climb some 3500m peaks as part of the training phase
- Spend 4 nights in high mountain huts sleeping at between 2700m and 3800m
- Get to know how your body reacts to a high altitude mountain environment, good preparation for other expeditions
- Have an enjoyable & sociable week in the mountains
We hope to climb with you on Mont Blanc this coming 2019 summer season…
Nights spent in mountain huts on this programme are:
- 23, 24, 27 & 28 June 2019
4 people are attending Climb Mont Blanc – Late June 2019