- This course has passed.
Chamonix Ski Touring Weekend – April 2019
April 6 - April 8
This is a dynamic & action packed long weekend designed to give you a great progression in the magical world of ski touring and an opportunity to explore the superb ski touring in the Swiss West Oberland. We run 4 separate weekends in January, February, March & and this April course is designed to offer a technical and physical progression from the previous three.
With rapid access from Leukerbad to Gemmi Pass we enter this middle mountain sanctuary of ski touring easily and are able to enjoy the fine ski summit tours and comfortable base camps to the full! The course starts with an informal meeting and welcome drink on the Friday evening plus equipment check before the very early start on Saturday morning…
April Alpine Ski Touring Weekend – Course Aims
- Enjoy 3 days ski touring in the West Oberland
- Do some inspiring ski mountaineering journeys & ski summits, find the best snow possible and do some memorable turns and fresh tracks
- Refine the essential skills for ski touring
- Spend an enjoyable couple of nights in a comfortable mountain hut / hotel
- Become more familiar with hut to hut touring to prepare for longer tours in future
- Spend a sociable long weekend in the mountains and meet other like minded skiers
Each of our intro touring weekends blend a great mix of satisfying ascents on skins, fun & remote off piste skiing and completing some fine journeys whilst undertaking some important training along the way…