- This course has passed.
Becoming An Alpinist
June 17 - June 21
On this progressive alpine training course we aim to tackle some of Chamonix’s classic moderate alpine routes in a style that will offer you high quality mountaineering training along the way. This course is ideally suited to those with some existing rock climbing and winter mountaineering experience and who would like to develop these existing skills and become independent ‘Alpinists’.
With a maximum ratio of 1 Mountain Guide to 3 students this course aims to deliver high quality practical training whilst tackling some interesting alpine terrain (up to C. AD-) and practicing new skills in a high alpine context along the way. Training & development is the emphasis of this course thus we generally won’t be tackling long & hard Grande Courses…during the course….but hopefully in the future having done it!
- Develop your existing mountaineering & rock climbing skill & experience with a view to progressing as an Alpinist
- Spend 5 enjoyable days climbing, mountaineering & training around the Mont Blanc Massif
- Visit a good variety of the classic mountain venues of the Chamonix Valley
- Meet some other like minded alpine mountaineers
- Have a fun & sociable week with 1 night spent in a high mountain hut