Here is a summary of the items of equipment you will need for off-piste skiing on one of our Guided courses. Please check you have each item and refer to the bottom of the page for details on hiring equipment.
- Skis, Poles, Ski boots (Touring or downhill boots / bindings)
- Warm Ski clothing including thermal top and bottoms, mid layer fleece and wind/water proof jacket and trousers. Plus one spare warm top layer.
- Small Rucksack
- Hat or balaclava, buff or neck gaiter also useful.
- Helmet recommended
- Ski goggles and sunglasses
- Sun Cream
- Gloves thin pair & thick pair
- Avalanche Transceiver
- Snacks and drink
- Strap to tie skis and poles together for walking sections
- Mobile phone with the Chamonix PGHM (local mountain rescue) number programmed in: +33 (0)4 50 53 16 89
- Copy of your insurance documents
- Lift pass
- Cash for refreshments
The Guide will also carry the following items:
- Navigation Equipment (map, compass, gps)
- Spare gloves
- Group Shelter
- First aid kit
Please follow our Sanglards Ski Hire link below to access your 15% discount (more in quieter periods), or tell them in the shop you have a booking with High Mountain Guides for the same discount. Shops are in Chamonix, Argentiere – Les Grands Montets and Vallorcine.
Avalanche safety & mountaineering equipment hire can be arranged in advance with us. Please let us know which items you will require from the list above.