Tim is an International (IFMGA) Mountain Guide and experienced British Mountaineering Instructor (MIC). He has many years experience of climbing, guiding and training and is a well known and popular figure within the UK & Chamonix mountaineering scene. As well as all this he is known for his engaging manner and good humoured company both on the mountains and in the huts.
- Tim has been mountaineering since his teens and has a background of hard winter climbing in Scotland, Norway and the Alps including some impressive first ascents. He has a background of hard winter climbing in Scotland, Norway and the Alps with ascents of a diverse set of routes from a solo of Royal Pardon (VI,6) to The North Face of Les Droites to the first ascent of ‘Gully of the Cods’ (VII,7) with Dave Hunter in Norway’s Lofoten Islands.
- Further first ascents in Antarctica as well as closer to home on UK rock and Scottish Ice.
- Tim has led various international expeditions to the Nepalese Himalaya, Kyrgyz Tien Shan, Rwenzori Mountains (Uganda) , Ecuador and Kilimanjaro.
- His career has spanned over a decade and in addition to guiding and instruction includes youth based outdoor education and centre management. He is a technical advisor to a number of organisations.
- Tim runs his own successful Guiding business, Northern Mountain Sport, which also provides training and assessment in a variety of NGB outdoor awards.
Ross Cumming, Matterhorn & Mont Blanc Ascent Programme, September 2015
Just a quick thank you for the last couple of weeks – most amazing experiences of my life that could not be forgotten! The way you, Tim and the other guides handled the whole trip, us, the different characters, strengths and weaknesses with such ease, enthusiasm and attention was really something to admire and obviously all your love and enjoyment of the mountains is very infectious. Please thank everyone especially for getting us all up and down every day safely and I do hope we get to meet again and to do more climbing! Pat is def pushing for the MH for next year so lets see……
Austin Barham, Chamonix Rock Climbing Guiding, June 2015
Just an email to say how much I enjoyed the weekend. Excellent weather, guiding and company.