We are not sure whether the forecast 150km/hr winds arrived at 4000m today as we were not there to find out! The continuous dire warnings on the local news about not going in to the high mountains worked and our teams were diverted from the Aiguille du Mid day trips to rock climbing at Les Cheserys above Argentiere and Les Gaillands crag in Chamonix.
Our team on the Gran Paradiso today – reported cold and WINDY conditions – apparently the wind was ‘nuking’ on the upper mountain! Our Intro Alpine team made the most of a difficult stormy, snowy and windy week with mountaineering training on the Mer de Glace, a valiant snowy ascent of the Aiguilles Marbrees, a Chamonix rock climbing day and the 2 day Gran Paradiso ascent. The Paradiso had numerous teams on it today who had diverted away from Mont Blanc’s apocalyptic winds!
We still have a few places available on this summers alpine mountaineering courses…
- 1 place available on our Chamonix Intro+ Alpine Mountaineering Course Next week, 17-21 June
- 1 place available on our Climb The Gran Paradiso course, 23-25 June
- 2 places available on our Chamonix Intro Alpine Mountaineering Course, 8-12 July
- 2 places available on our Becoming An Alpinist Course, 22-26 July
- 1 place available on our Climb The Weissmeis course 1-3 September
- 2 places available on our Climb The Gran Paradiso course, 1-3 September
- 2 places available on our Autumn Climb The Gran Paradiso course, 29 September – 1st October